Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eclipse 6 year old feature request for word wrap

(Eclipse is an Integrated Development Environment for Java development that I've used and I'm using)

[misc] Text Viewer and Editor needs to support word wrap

...with one valiant attempt from Ahti Kitsik through Google Summer of Code but with no completed results and the following proposal:
Companies who are interested in sponsoring word wrap implementation with some cash -- please contact me directly ahti@codehoop.com for more details. It would be all-or-nothing deal -- sponsorship would be collected only after feature gets into platform codebase. I'd be happy to come up with a more complete solution if platform team is ready to introduce required API changes and we get enough interest from other companies too. I'm pretty familiar with the codebase and related problems (at least I was ~2 years ago).

No comments: