Wednesday, January 30, 2008

alternate reality / réalité alternative

What would have happened if instead of coming to Montreal my wife came to San Francisco? And then, years later, posted an ad on the famous online dating site Craiglist that I would have inevitably found?

Qu'est-ce qu'il serait arrivé si au lieu de venir à Montréal ma femme était plutôt venu à San Francisco? Et que des années après, elle aurait posté une annonce sur le site de rencontres Craigslist que j'aurais inévitablement trouvé?
Dear Min Lin,

I saw your profile on craigslist. From your description, you are exactly my type! And you are quite pleasing to the eyes. I must admit I have a fetish for.. geeky girls. I'm also a software engineer working at a big company in Silicon Valley!

I'm 5'9", thirty-ish, half-caucasian (blue-eyed mom) and half-chinese (restaurant owner - what else!). I've never been much into sports until I got to California and now I'm in the best shape ever. Me and my mom both think I'm handsome but you'll have to tell me what you think!

I'm French-Canadian and I've also learned a little bit of Mandarin, so we can exchange our native languages (I was going to write down tongues but that sounds dirty!). In fact, we can even learn each others computer languages!

I'm a very outgoing and outspoken person with a strong personality.

I like dining, movies and exploring The City. I'm relatively new to the area, only been here for a few months. That means you can help discover new things (food! fun!). I'm into trying new things; I want to learn to apply the motto "work hard, play harder".

My favorite outdoor activity is snorkeling, but sadly the water of the bay area are itty-bitty cold. However, like you, I love to travel so maybe something we can try snorkeling together some day?

Here's a picture of me with a pussy...cat.


Awaiting impatiently an answer.... I'm interested in hearing more about yourself.

Ricky

(Min Lin answers...)
Dear Ricky,

I'm sorry to tell you that the post on Craigslist was a joke from a friend of mine. Well, yes I'm single but not desperate to find someone by posting an ad on Internet... I have to admit that you're kind of cute how you hold a cat ;-) and you sound to be an interesting person... If you're still interested in me, let's see if you can find me in San Francisco Chinatown on Feb. 7th, I will be there to see the Chinese New Year celebrations. If you can find me, I'll have dinner with you ^_^

Min Lin

No comments: