Friday, January 4, 2008

Stolen Schwinn World Avenue 1 bicycle

(French follows english text).

Someone stole my bicycle (a Schwinn World Avenue 1 bought at Performance Bicycle) that was parked in the private parking of my apartment complex (Birch Creek Apartment). They just cut the OnGuard Doberman Cable Lock and got away with it. My friend Do Young who is staying in my apartment at the moment found out about it when coming back to work yesterday (Thursday January 3rd 2008) around 10pm. He sent me an email with pics about it. It happened in a window of a few hours (between 9am and 10pm) because Do Young parks his bike next to mine everyday. I don't understand as the parking is not visible from the street so it is possibly someone from the apartment complex (or who knows someone here) that stole it.

A sad day for a bike that cost me 400$... Mountain View isn't as safe as I thought! I should have taken it to my apartment and left it on my patio. And also register it at the one of the Mountain View fire station (for one measly buck) to make it possible to identify it if I ever see it again.

The only identifying item was that the bike had an "Android" green sticker on it.

Quelqu'un a volé mon vélo qui était stationné dans le stationnement privé de mon appartement. Il a simplement coupé la chaine (OnGuard Doberman Cable Lock). Pourtant, mon ami Do Young, qui reste dans l'appartement pour l'instant et qui a découvert le vol hier (le Jeudi 3 janvier 2008) vers 10pm qui me l'a annoncé aujourd'hui... C'est arrivé dans une fenêtre de quelques heures entre 9am et 10pm puisque Do Young reste dans mon appartement et il se stationne à côté de mon vélo tout les jours! Pourtant, le stationnement n'est pas visible de la rue, alors c'est possiblement quelqu'un d'autre du complexe d'appartement qui l'a volé puisqu'il aurait dû remarquer qu'il était attaché depuis un bon bout de temps.

J'aurais dû l'apporter et l'attacher à la galerie de mon appartement. C'est quand même un vélo qui m'a coûté 400$... Donc Mountain View n'est pas aussi sécuritaire que je pensais! J'aurais dû l'apporter sur mon patio.

Le seul item pouvant l'identifiant était le collant avec un androide vert que j'avais collé dessus...

No comments: